ONLINE: MANAGING THE CONCUSSED PATIENT
This 12.5-hour introductory course will bring concussion into the spotlight. It’s aimed at improving the clinical competency of primary care practitioners, so they’re able to identify and manage patients that present with a concussion and related symptoms.LEARN MORE
This 12.5-hour introductory course will bring concussion into the spotlight. It’s aimed at improving the clinical competency of primary care practitioners (Chiropractors, Physiotherapist, Osteopaths, Occupational Therapist, Medical Practitioner, Exercise Physiologists, Audiologist) so they’re able to identify and manage patients that present with a concussion and related symptoms.
Whilst we may think of concussions only in the sporting arena, we see mild traumatic brain injuries as a result of whiplash injuries, falls, military services, and physical abuse.
Impairments and symptoms consistent with concussion, head and whiplash injuries include; dizziness, brain fog, light and noise sensitivities, poor balance, altered sleep, reduced focus and concentration, fatigue and many others. It’s imperative that the practitioner is equiped at assessing and treating eye movement disorders, vestibular dysfunction, dysautonomia, poor balance and co-ordination, brain fog, sensory sensitivities.
In this module (12.5 hours CPD) you will learn:
- Concussion relevance and risk factors – understand the incidence, position statements and who is at risk of suffering a concussion and experiencing prolonged effects
- Concussion neurophysiology and neuro-immune-metabolic consequences – the foundation in your understanding of findings and applications
- Vestibular Assessment and Management – appreciate nystagmus as it relates to concussion
- BPPV – learn the subtle differences in presentations that help identify the affected canal and the most appropriate management
- Oculomotor Assessment and Management – appreciate movement of the eyes and what they tell us about brain function, as well as a ‘window into therapy’
- Vestibular Rehabilitation Therapy – Apply and integrate the examination findings to develop a tailored management protocol
- Balance and Gait Assessment and Management – measure the most common parameters of balance and use it for a tailored managemenAutonomic Dysregulation and Exercise Intolerance – understand and monitor sign of fatigue and exercise intolerance in your concussion patients
- Cervicogenic Assessment and Management – learn and apply contemporary sensorimotor and neuromotor protocols for patients suffering whiplash and chronic neck pain
- Cognitive Assessment – understand how working memory, visual and verbal memory are affected and how to test for it
- Return to Play – learn the guidelines for return to play, learn and work and how to tailor it to the individual
Here’s a selection of short videos from the sessions, as examples of the high quality video on offer:
This course has 17 recorded sessions from leading industry practitioners (12.5 hours CPD)
All session notes provided as downloadables
Unlimited Access for 12 months. Complete in your own time
Receive personalised Certification once the course has been completed
Gain access to our network and become listed on our Practitioner Locator
Watch courses, save your progress on our free online learning app
DR CARLO RINAUDO
PhD BMedSci (Hons) MChiro ICSSD DACNB
Dr Carlo Rinaudo is a registered Chiropractor, researcher and educator. He is the clinic director of a multi-disciplined clinic, focused on helping people with complex neurological conditions, including vertigo, concussion, migraines, learning and behaviour, poor balance, dysautonomia (POTS), neuro-degenerative, performance-enhancement and post-stroke. He completed a PhD in Vestibular (balance) Rehabilitation at University of New South Wales (UNSW) and Neuroscience Research Australia (www.NeuRA.edu.au), and is currently involved in further research in vestibular neuro-rehabilitation. Dr Rinaudo frequently presents and teaches practitioners across the world on similar topics.
DR BRANDON BROCK
Dr. Brandon Brock resides in America and is a Chiropractor* with a Doctorate in Nursing Practice and a researcher who specializes in musculoskeletal, neurological, and regenerative medicine. He holds diplomate status in nutrition, functional neurology, conventional medicine, and integrative medicine and is a Global Clinical Research Scholar from Harvard Medical School. He has been named Neurology Instructor of the Year five times by various organizations, received the Living Legacy Award from Samford University, and was Duke University's spotlight student. He practices full time at several locations in Dallas, Texas, does research, and most of all loves educating healthcare providers with BTB Health Systems.
* Dr Brock is an American Chiropractor with temporary registration in Australia
SESSION 1 - CONCUSSION INTRODUCTION
SESSION 2 - CONCUSSION PATHOPHYSIOLOGY (Dr Brandon Brock)
SESSION 3 – ASSESSMENT
SESSION 4 - MANAGEMENT
SESSION 5 - RETURN TO PLAY
SESSION 06 - CONCUSSION WORKSHOP
Additionally, comprehensive seminar notes and handouts are provided, which are all sourced from contemporary, evidence-based and best practice guidelines.
Once purchased you will receive immediate access to this course. There are no refunds on purchases and the course must be completed within 12 months to receive any completion certificates associated.